Your rights

Your rights as a Unitholder in the Fund are governed by the Constitution for the Fund and the law. They include the right to:

  • receive distributions (where applicable);
  • receive copies of accounts and other information for the Fund;
  • attend and vote at Unitholder meetings;
  • receive your share of distributions if the Fund is terminated;
  • transfer Units to any other person, subject to the Responsible Entity’s right to refuse such a transfer; and
  • pass Units to any surviving joint holder by will or otherwise to your estate.

You do not have the right to participate in the management or operation of the Fund.

The Constitution contains provisions designed to limit your liability to the amount invested in the Fund. However, you should be aware that the effectiveness of such a limitation is yet to be conclusively determined by the courts.

Complaints resolution

Bennelong Funds Management Ltd has an established complaints handling process and we are members of the Financial Ombudsman Service, a complaints resolution body. If you have a complaint about your investment, please contact the Complaints Officer either by phone on 1800 895 388 (AU) or 0800 442 304 (NZ) or in writing using the details below:

Complaints Officer
Bennelong Funds Management Ltd
Bennelong House
Level 1, 9 Queen Street
Melbourne VIC 3000

If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review of your matter:

Financial Ombudsman Service
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
Telephone: 1800 367 287
Facsimile: (03) 9613 6399

This external dispute resolution body is established to assist you in resolving your complaint where you have been unable to do so with us. However, it is important that you contact us in the first instance so we can address your concerns.

View the FOS Dispute Resolution Process.

Adviser enquiries

If you have an adviser, they may ask Bennelong to provide them with information about your investment. Bennelong’s policy is to supply this information, unless you have issued instructions in writing not to do so. If you change your adviser, please provide your new adviser’s details in writing so that your details are updated accordingly.