We’re proud to be the major sponsor of the Hunger Ride, a cycling event run by Foodbank Victoria that raises much-needed funds to provide vulnerable Victorians with emergency food relief. In March 2022, the ride raised over $150,000; and we look forward to participating again in November.
The Hunger Ride podcast
Well-known cycling commentator Matt Keenan speaks to Dave McNamara (CEO of Foodbank Victoria) and Craig Bingham (CEO of Bennelong Funds Management) about Foodbank’s mission, the sobering increase in need over the past two years, and how the Hunger Ride is helping to feed vulnerable Victorians.
About the Hunger Ride
Many people are reeling from the economic impacts and disruption of COVID-19 and finding themselves in situations they never anticipated, unable to put food on the table.
The latest Foodbank Hunger Report provides a sobering snapshot of food insecurity in Australia.
- One in six adults in Australia haven’t had enough to eat in the past year
- 1.2 million children have gone hungry in the past year
- One in three people struggling to meet their food needs are new to the situation
- Two in five people seeking food relief do not get enough for their household’s needs
- More than half of those impacted by severe food insecurity go a whole day each week without eating
Foodbank is Australia’s largest food relief organisation, operating on a scale that makes it crucial to the work of the frontline charities who are feeding vulnerable Australians. Foodbank provides more than 70% of the food rescued for food relief organisations nation-wide.